Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Nikon 8X super8mm camera

  1. #1
    Inactive Member guybrush's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 25th, 2002
    Posts
    1
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hello, I'm new to the super 8mm scene ...
    I've just bought a Nikon 8X and was wondering how it performs as a super 8mm camera. Does anyone know more about this camera and how it rates compared to other models?
    Also, my camera is missing a filter key that's supposed to disable the tungsten filter when I'm shooting indoors with Type A film. Does anyone know where I might get a key replacement, or if it's possible to make a makeshift key?
    Thanks!

  2. #2
    TA 152
    Guest TA 152's Avatar

    Post

    Hi.

    This is not much help but still of interest.

    http://www.nikon.co.jp/main/eng/soci...ousins19_e.htm

    Bought a Nikon R10 a few days ago so I do not know much by experience but it should be very good.

    R

  3. #3
    Inactive Member cameraguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 28th, 2001
    Posts
    831
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Talking

    It is a pretty good camera with a nice lens. Not as full featured as other cameras but it still has 24 frames per second and manual exposure control. One thing I have found with the 3 that I have owned is that they all had "sticky" meter needles. Sometimes the needle sticks and won't go below F/4.

    I've got an extra filter key and you will need one if you are shooting indoors under tungsten lighting with type A film. If your interested email me. You could also try making your own key out of a rigid material

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •